Stanford University – Stanford Graduate School of Business
Full-time MBA program – LOR Prompts
Stories about your behaviors, impact, and personal qualities told by others play an essential role in our evaluation of your application. Your letters of reference should provide specific examples and anecdotes that illustrate your ability and desire to make a difference in the world.
Two letters of reference:
- One reference from your current direct supervisor (or next best alternative) at work.
- Your choice of either one additional supervisor reference or one peer reference. The strongest references typically come from your workplace. You may select a reference from your professional, community, or extracurricular experiences.
- How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) Up to 500 words
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. Up to 500 words
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know? Please be concise.
In addition to your qualitative responses, referees will be asked to assess some of the candidate’s character traits and competencies that contribute to successful leadership.
|School||Ranking Decline||2018 Rank||2017 Rank|
|Lancaster Business School||-28||70||42|
|University City Dublin (Smurfit)||-24||94||70|
|Rutgers Business School||-19||89||70|
|Notre Dame (Mendoza)||-17||67||60|
|Michigan State (Broad)||-14||72||58|
|Southern California (Marshall)||-11||59||48|
|Indiana University (Kelley)||-10||57||47|
|Lisbon Business School||-10||80||70|
Based on your professional experience, how do you rate this candidate compared to her/his peer group?
[contact-form-7 id=”3609″ title=”Stanford LOR – Peer Group”]
[contact-form-7 id=”3610″ title=”Stanford LOR – Overall”]
this candidate to Stanford.
Send us your CV and provide us some information about your background and plans, and we’ll provide a free evaluation of your profile.