Established under an agreement between the Chinese government and the European Commission in Shanghai in November 1994, CEIBS was the first business school in mainland China to offer a full-time MBA, an Executive MBA and a wide range of Executive Education programmes. CEIBS is ranked 8 in the world, according to the Financial Times (2018 edition). In 2009, CEIBS became the first Chinese business school to make the world’s Top 10 MBA ranking compiled by the FT. Its EMBA programme, ranked 14th worldwide by the same publication in 2017, is the largest in the world, topping 700 students in Shanghai, Beijing, and Shenzhen. In 2012, CEIBS began offering a part-time MBA in Finance. The school also trains about 10,000 students through CEIBS’ short-term executive programs each year. By the end of December 2017, CEIBS had more than 20,000 alumni across the world, and had provided management training for over 130,000 executives.
CEIBS is best known for...
Round 1: 7 November 2018
Round 2: 16 January 2019
Round 3: 20 March 2019
Application Fee: $180
Program length: 18 months
Average age of new entrants: 29
Require standardized test: GMAT/GRE/CEIBS
Average GMAT score: 682
Require work experience: Yes
Average work experience: 5 years
Discuss your post-MBA career aspirations (short term and long term) and explain how you plan to achieve them. (300 words)
- CEIBS is situated in Shanghai – a truly global city, and the economic center of the world’s soon to be largest economy. Given its unique location, how do you anticipate that Shanghai will differentiate your MBA experience and contribute to your goals? (400 words)
- Many would argue that entrepreneurship is not necessarily a state of being, but a state of mind. Describe an entrepreneurial experience where you went against the grain or conventional way of thinking, to discover and create new value. (400 words)
- Identify up to two trends, big or small, that you see unfolding in the next decade. Discuss how the(se) trend(s) might affect you and your career, and how you plan to address them during your MBA and/or after you graduate. (400 words)
As the world’s largest consumer market and fastest growing economy of the last three decades, China has offered outstanding opportunities for international professionals in search of a career boost. Searching for a job or making a career switch outside one’s own market always presents new challenges such as differences in language, culture, etc. In order to optimize your career search and possibilities after graduation, what efforts – outside of utilizing the school’s career services – do you plan to make in order to reach your professional objectives? (400 words)
Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admission Committee in evaluating your application? Re-applicants are suggested to describe the progress you have made since your previous application. (200 words)
Letter of Recommendation
Two referee reports are required to complete the application. The two referees can be your current employer, previous employer or corporate client.
- Please describe the applicant’s current job responsibilities
- In comparison with the applicant’s colleagues, what do you consider to be the applicant’s strengths? How do you think about the applicant’s leadership ability?
- In what areas do you think the applicant needs improvement or growth? To the best of your knowledge, what effort(s) has the applicant made to improve in the areas that you have mentioned?
- Please comment on the applicant’s ability to work with colleagues, including his or her supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Please provide any other comments or information that may help us assess the applicant for admission into the CEIBS MBA programme.
- Please rate the applicant’s characteristics (Intellectual Ability, Analytical Ability, Organisational Ability, Problem Solving Ability, Innovation Ability, Decisiveness, Leadership Ability, Teamwork Skills, Communication Skills, Integrity, Maturity, Passion, Professionalism) in comparison with his or her peers.
“CEIBS has a well-rounded career placement with 30% of class getting placed in the Financial industry, 18% in technology and 16% in manufacturing. The program based out of Shanghai is highly China-focused however with 86% of the class finding work in Shanghai and other parts of mainland China. Those looking for a career in China will find a few schools better than CEIBS.”Admissions.sg Consultant2018
Interested in CEIBS? We can help!
Getting into CEIBS is hard, but it’s not impossible. We are certain that our expert consultants will be able to help you in your journey. Simply fill in the form below and our MBA consultants will be in touch to provide you more details to help you start with your CEIBS application.
If you are short on time and want to talk to an expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to setup a meeting WITHIN the day.