Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business is a top-ranked graduate business school dedicated to advancing the understanding of management through research and providing the highest quality education. Fuqua enrolls more than 1,600 students a year across our ten degree programs, which offer a wide range of program formats and flexibility.
Duke Fuqua School Of Business
Duke Fuqua MBA Programs
While the school is based in North America, several of Fuqua’s programs include academic study experiences in other regions, including East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, and the Middle East. Fuqua offers 16 concentrations: decision sciences, energy & environment, energy finance, entrepreneurship & innovation, energy finance, corporate finance, investment finance, dual corporate/investment finance, financial analysis/accounting, fintech, leadership & ethics, management, product management, market analysis and strategy, operations management, social entrepreneurship, and strategy. Fuqua also offers 2 certificates, Finance and Health Sector Management, and a focused Management Science and Technology track of study.
- The Duke MBA-Daytime
- Weekend Executive
- Global Executive
- Accelerated Daytime
- The Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business
- The Master of Management Studies: Duke Kunshan University
- The Master of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics
- The Master of Science in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics, Accelerated Business Analytics, and Health Analytics
Cost of Attendance (1st year) – Total $97,437
- Tuition- $70,000
- Living expenses- $18,990
- Estimated Educational Supplies- $624
- Estimated Medical Insurance and Other Fees- $7,823
For the Daytime MBA Class of 2019, 97% had offers within 3 months of graduating with a average salary of $135,397 and bonus of $32,769.
Join this program if you are interested in
Duke Fuqua Alumni Blog
Read on to find out more about the program experience.
How To Survive Family Life During Duke Fuqua EMBA
Incumbent CEOs Working With New CFOs Earn 10% More Money
Application Deadlines (Daytime MBA)
Application Fee: $225
|Round||Application Deadline||Interview Decision Sent||Final Decision Release|
|Early Action||September 19, 2019||October 2, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|Round 1||October 14, 2019||November 1, 2019||December 18, 2019|
|Round 2||January 6, 2020||January 31, 2020||March 19, 2020|
|Round 3||March 11, 2020||March 25, 2020||April 20, 2020|
|Round 4||May 19, 2020||June 3, 2020||June 18, 2020|
Based on 2019
Acceptance rate (full-time): 22.9%
Average age of new entrants: 28
Requiring standardized test: GMAT/GRE/EA
Average GMAT score: 705
Average GRE score: N/A
Require work experience: Yes
Years of work experience: 5 years
- Why is pursuing an MBA the right next step for you?
- What are your post-MBA career goals? Share with us your first choice career plan and your alternate plan.
Answer both questions. For each question, respond in 500 characters only (the equivalent of about 100 words).
First required essay: 25 random things about yourself
Instructions: Present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed two pages.
For context: Fuqua believes different types of people, points of view, and experiences bring out the best in everyone. And above all, we place a premium on succeeding while making a positive impact on businesses, organizations, and the world. These ways of thinking set the Duke MBA experience apart, and this concept extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the admissions committee also wants to get to know you–beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU.
Second required essay: The Fuqua community and you
Instructions: Your response should be no more than two pages in length.
Fuqua prides itself on cultivating a culture of engagement. Our students enjoy a wide range of student-led organizations that provide opportunities for leadership development and personal fulfillment, as well as an outlet for contributing to society. Our student-led government, clubs, centers, and events are an integral part of the student culture and are vital to providing you with a range of experiential learning and individual development experiences.
Based on your understanding of the Fuqua culture, how do you see yourself engaging in and contributing to our community outside of the classroom?
Tell us more
If you feel there are circumstances of which the admissions committee should be aware (such as unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance), please explain them in an optional essay.
Please do not upload additional essays or additional recommendations in this area of the application, and limit your response to one page.
Instructions for all written submissions
- Responses should use 1.5-line spacing and a font size no smaller than 10-point.
- Do not repeat the question in the document you upload with your application.
- Respond fully and concisely.
- Length requirements vary by question and are detailed below.
- Responses must be completed before submitting your application.
All submissions are scanned using plagiarism detection software. Plagiarism is considered a cheating violation within the Honor Code and will not be tolerated in the admissions process.
Letter of Recommendation
Your recommenders must complete the current recommendation forms associated with the online application—no other format of recommendation will be accepted.
At least one recommendation should reflect your performance in your most recent professional setting. Volunteer activities or other service-oriented roles in which you are deeply involved may also be excellent sources for recommendations. The most valuable recommendations come from people who know your professional skills and abilities.
Submissions by email or mail are not accepted.
Two letters of recommendation
One new recommendation letter (not from a previous recommender)
- You are required to use the recommendation forms that are within the online application.
- Use your recommenders’ work email addresses rather than personal accounts like Gmail, which will be more closely monitored in our credential verification process.
- Recommendations from relatives and friends are strongly discouraged.
- Academic recommendations often provide a similar perspective to your transcript and are less helpful.
The following questions are included on the recommendation form:
- Comment briefly on the context of your interaction with the applicant.
- How do the applicant’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
- What do you perceive as the applicant’s areas for growth?
- Describe the applicant’s awareness of these areas and his/her response to constructive feedback.
- Please include additional comments you feel will be helpful to the admissions committee.
In addition to the two required recommendations, you may provide additional recommendations from our alumni or current students.
Interested in Duke Fuqua MBA? We can help!
We are certain that our expert consultants will be able to help you in your MBA journey. Simply fill in the form below and our MBA consultants will be in touch to provide you more details to help you start with your Fuqua application.
If you are short of time and want to hear from an admissions expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to have a chat.