NUS, or National University of Singapore, offers both full-time and part-time MBA programs as well as an EMBA with UCLA. Ranked #15 in the world by the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA rankings for 2019, NUS MBA is the #1 MBA among Singapore universities. Full-time MBA students complete their studies within 17 months. The NUS MBA opens up a world of opportunities for its students, grooming them to identify chances, seize them, and develop lasting careers that have a global impact. With 93% of the MBA class being international students, NUS also offers a high degree of diversity. 94% of students were employed within 3 months of graduation, with an average post graduation salary of US$143,917. The course fees is an estimated SGD 65,000 (excluding GST), and scholarships are available for domestic and international students.
NUS MBA is best known for...
Round 1: 13 August 2019 – 31 January 2020 (Scholarship Qualifying Period)
Round 2: 1 February 2020 – 31 March 2020
Application Fee (Round 1): $50
Application Fee (Round 2): $100
Program length: 17 months
Acceptance rate (full-time): 16%
Average age of new entrants: 32
Require standardized test: GMAT/GRE
Average GMAT score: 672
Require work experience: Yes
Average work experience: At least 2 years
Please introduce yourself to your NUS MBA classmates. (Max: 300 words)
Please answer ONE of the following short essay prompts. (max: 300 words)
a. I am passionate about…
b. My greatest challenge has been…
c. My biggest failure was ….
Tell us about your intermediate (5 yrs) post-MBA career goal, describing your industry, function and country of choice and a plan on how you would achieve this goal. (max: 300 words)
If there is anything else you would like to share with the Admissions Committee that was not covered in your application, please it include here (eg. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance). (max 150 words)
Letter of Recommendation
Two referee reports are required to complete your application. The two referees can be your current employer, previous employer or corporate client. The reports have to be submitted within the application deadlines.
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity/context? (maximum: 1,000 characters including spaces)
- How would you rate the applicant among executives at a similar level?
- How would you rate the applicant on the following dimensions? (Potential to excel, competency & efficiency, integrity, energy & drive, ability to work in a team, leadership qualities, presentation & communication skills)
- In your opinion, what is the candidate’s leadership potential for the next 5 years? (maximum: 1,000 characters including spaces)
- Please provide three memorable achievements the applicant attained in your company. (maximum: 1,000 characters including spaces)
- Kindly provide and instance when the applicant exhibited any one of the following qualities: Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Exceptional work performance (maximum: 1,000 characters including spaces)
- From what you understand of the applicant, what are his/her main motivations or interests in life? (maximum: 1,000 characters including spaces)
“NUS is Singapore's top university, so competition is steep for seats in its MBA program. On the positive side, their GMAT requirements are achievable, but you should have some impressive experiences, ideally in a global context.”Admissions.sg Consultant2018
Interested in NUS? We can help!
Getting into NUS is hard, but it’s not impossible. We are certain that our expert consultants will be able to help you in your journey. Simply fill in the form below and our MBA consultants will be in touch to provide you more details to help you start with your NUS application.
If you are short on time and want to talk to an expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to setup a meeting WITHIN the day.