The Haas School of Business at University of California–Berkeley offers these departments and concentrations: accounting, consulting, e-commerce, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, health care administration, human resources management, international business, leadership, manufacturing and technology management, marketing, management information systems, not-for-profit management, production/operations management, organizational behavior, portfolio management, public administration, public policy, real estate, supply chain management/logistics, quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research, and technology. Its tuition is full-time: $58,794 per year (in-state); full-time: $59,811 per year (out-of-state); part-time: $3,265 per credit (in-state); part-time: $3,265 per credit (out-of-state); executive: $185,000 total program (in-state); and executive: $185,000 total program (out-of-state). At graduation, 66.3 percent of graduates of the full-time program are employed.
Join this program if you are interested in
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Application Fee: $200
Acceptance rate (full-time): 12.9%
Average age of new entrants: 28
Requiring standardized test: GMAT/GRE
Average GMAT score: 725
Average GRE score: N/A
Require work experience: Yes
Average work experience: 5 years
- Tell us a six-word story that reflects a memorable experience in your life-to-date. Elaborate on why it is meaningful to you.
- Tip: A successful six-word story will pique the reader’s interest in the forthcoming explanation. Together, the story and explanation will share a specific and personal experience that helps the reader get to know you better, giving insight into your character, values, or how you would uniquely contribute to the Berkeley Haas community. View sample six-word stories and video tips from the admissions committee.
(250 words maximum)
Respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
- Describe a significant obstacle you have encountered and how it has impacted you.
- Describe how you have cultivated a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Describe a leadership experience and how you made a positive and lasting impact.
Tip: Responses can draw from professional or personal experiences. Through your response, the admissions committee hopes to gain insight into your achievements, involvement, and leadership footprint.
- Briefly describe your immediate post-MBA career goals. (50 words maximum)
- How have prior experiences motivated and prepared you to pursue these goals? (250 words maximum)
Tip: You are encouraged to reflect on both what you want to do professionally after business school and why this path interests you.
Use this essay to share information that is not presented elsewhere in the application, for example:
- Explanation of employment gaps or academic aberrations
- Quantitative abilities
- For re-applicants, improvements to your candidacy
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required and preferably one from a current employer. Select individuals with whom you have had considerable professional interaction, such as your supervisor or a major client. The title or status of those you select is not important. What does matter is how closely your letter writers have worked with you and whether they can attest to your value as an employee, your professional accomplishments, and your personal qualities and interpersonal skills in an organizational context. For this reason, we strongly discourage academic references. Letters of recommendation from co-workers, someone you have supervised, relatives, or personal and family friends are inappropriate and can be detrimental to the review of your application. Please do not submit more than two letters, and if you choose not to obtain a letter from your current supervisor, be certain to explain why. Recommenders may submit letters of recommendation online, or by completing, printing, and mailing a hard copy recommendation using this form. If the online recommendation is chosen, your recommender will be given access to an online form.
“Routinely ranked one of the top ten MBA programs, Haas sends students to highly respected companies. To get accepted, show off leadership abilities, experience, and soft skills.”Admissions.sg Consultant2018
Want to get into this program? Contact us now for a free consultation.
Evaluate your CV, see where you stand!
Every business school has a unique set of expectations for the ideal applicant’s profile. Our admissions experts can review your CV and give you pointers on how to improve it to match the program that you are applying for. Simply fill in the form below, and our admissions experts will be in touch to provide you with more details to help you start your Haas School of Business application.
Want to speak to a MBA consultant instead?
If you are short of time and want to hear from an admissions expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to have a chat. We can even arrange a one-on-one meeting for you.