The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at University of Michigan–Ann Arbor offers these departments and concentrations: accounting, consulting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, health care administration, human resources management, international business, leadership, manufacturing and technology management, marketing, production/operations management, organizational behavior, portfolio management, real estate, supply chain management/logistics, quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research, and technology. Its tuition is full-time: $62,300 per year (in-state); full-time: $67,300 per year (out-of-state).At graduation, 89.7 percent of graduates of the full-time program are employed.
Join this program if you are interested in
Deadline: March 19, 2018
Application Fee: $200
Acceptance rate (full-time): 25.3%
Average age of new entrants: 28
Requiring standardized test: GMAT/GRE
Average GMAT score: 716
Average GRE Verbal/Quant score: 160
Require work experience: Yes
Average work experience: 5 years
Select one prompt from each group. Respond to your selected prompts using 100 words or fewer (<100 words each; 300 words total).
- I want people to know that I:
- I turned an idea into action when I:
- I made a difference when I:
- I showed my resilience when I:
- I was humbled when:
- I am out of my comfort zone when:
- I was aware that I am different when:
- I find it challenging when people:
- A valuable thing I have taught someone is:
Please share your short-term and long-term career goals. What skills/strengths do you have that will be relevant to your career goals? How will Ross prepare you for your goals? (300 words)
This section should only be used to convey information not addressed elsewhere in your application, for example, completion of supplemental coursework, employment gaps, academic issues, etc. Feel free to use bullet points where appropriate.
Letter of Recommendation
Michigan Ross uses the GMAC Common Recommendation Form, and only one recommendation is required. You should select a recommender who can discuss your professional performance and work style. A current or former supervisor is an ideal choice. Other alternatives include a client, project manager, or professional mentor.
Your recommender should be able to answer the following questions about you:
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (50 words).
- How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (500 words)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (500 words)
Evaluate your CV, see where you stand!
Every business school has a unique set of expectations for the ideal applicant’s profile. Our admissions experts can review your CV and give you pointers on how to improve it to match the program that you are applying for. Simply fill in the form below, and our admissions experts will be in touch to provide you with more details to help you start your Ross School of Business application.
Want to speak to a MBA consultant instead?
If you are short of time and want to hear from an admissions expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to have a chat. We can even arrange a one-on-one meeting for you.