The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania was the U.S.’s first business school and now has the largest alumni network in the country. The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania offers these departments and concentrations: accounting, actuarial science, e-commerce, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, health care administration, human resources management, insurance, international business, marketing, production/operations management, public policy, real estate, and quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research. Its tuition is full-time: $70,200 per year. At graduation, 82.3 percent of graduates of the full-time program are employed.
Wharton is best known for...
Round 1: September 2018
Round 2: January 2019
Round 3: March 2019
Application Fee: $265
Program length: 20 months
Acceptance rate (full-time): 19.2%
Average age of new entrants: 26
Requiring standardized test: GMAT/GRE
Average GMAT score: 730
Average GRE Verbal score: 163
Average GRE Quant score: 162
Require work experience: Yes
Average work experience: 5 to 6 years
What do you hope to gain professionally from the Wharton MBA?
Required: 500 word limit
Teamwork is at the core of the Wharton MBA experience with each student contributing unique elements to our collaborative culture. How will you contribute to the Wharton community?
Required: 400 word limit
- For reapplicants (Required), explain how you have reflected on the previous decision about your application, and discuss any updates to your candidacy (e.g., changes in your professional life, additional coursework, extracurricular/volunteer engagements)
- First-time applicants (Optional) may also use this section to address any extenuating circumstances.
Required: 250 word limit
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendations are required from individuals who are well acquainted with your performance in a work setting, preferably from a current or former supervisor. The title or position of the recommender is not as important as his/her ability to comment knowledgeably and specifically about you. Submit recommendations from people who can speak directly about your aptitudes and capabilities.
The Letter of Recommendation component will be broken into two sections:
- A selection of positive personality characteristics. Recommenders will be asked to choose three characteristics from a list of ten that best describe the candidate they are recommending.
- Two free-form questions:
- Question 1: Please provide example(s) that illustrate why you believe this candidate will find success in the Wharton MBA classroom. (Word count: 300)
- Question 2: Please provide example(s) that illustrate why you believe this candidate will find success throughout their career. (Word count: 300)
“To stand out among the crowds of accomplished applicants with big banks or similar on their resumes, you’ll need to highlight the soft skills you bring to the table in addition to your academic and professional achievements.”Admissions.sg Consultant2018
Evaluate your CV, see where you stand!
Every business school has a unique set of expectations for the ideal applicant’s profile. Our admissions experts can review your CV and give you pointers on how to improve it to match the program that you are applying for. Simply fill in the form below, and our admissions experts will be in touch to provide you with more details to help you start your Wharton application.
Want to speak to a MBA consultant instead?
If you are short of time and want to hear from an admissions expert ASAP, call us right now at +65 6812 9999 to have a chat. We can even arrange a one-on-one meeting for you.